The Buying Process
The process of buying a home can be intimidating and complex, but it doesn’t have to be. While yes, more than 12 parties have to work together for YOU to make the purchase successful, we’ll help smoothen out the path for you. With our network of inspectors, agents, title companies, mortgage loan firms, and general contractors, we’ll make it the easiest decision you’ll make all year.
But first things, first. The easiest way to learn about the buying process is to set up a Buyer Consultation with a Skelly Agency agent.
The second easiest way? Familiarizing yourself with the different elements of the buying process, including:
- You, The Buyer- To start, first look at your own financial situation. What is your credit score? What is your yearly/monthly income? What can you afford?
- Mortgages - Reach out to a mortgage banker, also known as a mortgage broker, bank, or lender to find out specifics on how much you can get for your loan via a pre-qualification letter.
- Escrow or Not? - This will help you pay your property taxes effectively and efficiently so you can avoid penalties and potential foreclosure.
- Know Your Top 3 Priorities - Do you need a backyard? How many bedrooms and bathrooms? Is the school district important? Make sure you’ve ironed this out before you begin touring homes.
- Touring Homes - What to look for when touring prospective homes.
- Open Houses - Check out open houses while you can. They’re free and available and you don’t need a realtor to see them.
- Inspection Keys - The four keys to a successful inspection are: roof, foundations, electrical, and plumbing.
- Closing Costs - This is not included with the market price of the home, and will need to come out of pocket. So, don’t forget to factor this in when you’re considering costs.
- Closing Table - This is when all stars align and the transaction is finalize, then closes.
- Post Closing & Move-In - Congratulations, the home is yours! Now you can make those modificaitons you discussed. Talk with our team about any make-ready services that invision before you move in.
The second easiest way to learn about the buying process is to set up a Buyer Consultation with a Skelly Agency agent.